Encinitas Walking Tour
Nestled in North San Diego County, between Solana Beach to the South and Carlsbad to the North, lies the quintessential beach town of Encinitas. Recently named one of the best surf towns in the world by National Geographic, Encinitas is an eclectic city with a great cultured history, unspoiled beaches, wetland preserves, and other historic landmarks.
Experience the “Highway 101 Culture” as you stroll with us through Downtown Encinitas walking tour, and discover a town that blends the historic with the modern hustle and bustle of a thriving seaside community.
tour highlights include:
- The genesis and evolution of the prevalent and immersive Encinitas Surf Culture
- An introduction to Swamis and the Self-Realization Fellowship
- Moonlight Beach & Bath Houses
- Discussion of the 1881 California Southern Railroad
- Evolution of the Encinitas Flower Growing Enterprise and Paul Ecke and his Poinsettia Ranch
Tour Stops include:
- 1883 Encinitas School House
- “The Arks” – Famous Encinitas Boat houses
- The Landmark Derby House
- Downtown Encinitas/Historic Coast Hwy 101
- Daley Double Saloon
- La Paloma Theater
- D Street Surf Spot
- The Encinitas tour will meet at the Historic 1883 Schoolhouse located at 390 West F Street, Encinitas CA, 92024 (corner of F Street and 4th Street).
- Street parking is available.
- Please plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to your tour's scheduled start time.
- Our journey will last 90 fun-filled minutes.
- We will do a lot of walking (about a mile), so wear comfortable shoes!